SPHelper - Smartphone Helper
What is SPHelper
SPHelper is a collection of useful tools to make your smartphone easy to use. Including a virtual cursor, windows/process manager, zoom/move current window, grab and paste text, etc. With the help of the virtual cursor provided by SPHelper, you can run many Pocket PC softwares on your smartphone device.
- Virtual cursor. Controled by smartphone's keyboard.
- Send command to any program to control it.
- Generate menu automaticly for pocket pc application.
- Windows manager and process manager.
- Zoom/Move/Close/Confirm/Cancel current window
- And many more...
License & Order
This is a shareware. It costs $9.95 to buy a single license.
Click button below to buy this product via PayPal.
Please click the button below to download it from Download.com:
How to use SPHelper
Just download this zip package, extract the files and copy them to your smartphone. Launch sphelper.exe, you will see the menu and virtual cursor.
When cursor is hide:
- Back:Hide cursor
- Left softkey:Send command to current program
- Right softkey:Menu of SPHelper
- Joystick:Move cursor
- Action:Left button click
- 1:Double click
- 2:Right button click
- 3:Jump to the next focus control
- 5:Send "Enter" key to current window
- 6:Send "Escape" key to current window
- Long press 8:Show windows manager
- Long press 0:Show virtual cursor
- SPHelper 1.1 2006-04-11
- Select, copy and paste
- Show cursor position
- Generate sphelper.ini automaticly
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is SPHelper?
- SPHelper is a collection of useful tools to make your smartphone easy to use. Including a virtual cursor, windows/process manager, zoom/move current window, grab and paste text, etc. With the help of the virtual cursor provided by SPHelper, you can run many Pocket PC softwares on your smartphone device.
- Keyboard error when starting SPHelper, what's wrong?
According to the error code, you can:
Code 5: You should unlock your phone first to use SPHelper.
Code 31: There is a software conflict, please close the conflicting software, or use 1.0v version instead.
Code 11,12: The hotkeys are already registered by another program, please close that program, or chang your hotkey settings in sphelper.ini
Virtual Cursor Questions
- Sometime the clicks and simulated keystrock don't work, why?
- There is no mouse in Smartphone system, so many application for smartphone don't support mouse control, they will have no response to virtual cursor too. The situation of simulated keystrock is the same.
- Why sometime the virtual cursor disappear?
- Some software (especially games) write data directly to screen or refresh screen many times in a single second, working with these application, virtual cursor may disappear. But the cursor is still there and functional. It may appear again when you move the cursor.
- Why I can't move the cursor in some situation?
- This problem may occur in 1.0v verison. Because this version uses normal keyboard procedure, it can not receive keystrock when the cursor lost the focus. The sulution is to long press 0 key to active cursor again, or switch the focus to cursor by some other task manager program.
Pocket PC Application Questions
- Can all Pocket PC application run on SmartPhone with the help of SPHelper?
- Most Pocket PC application will, but not all of them. The application must use rare or none proprietary Pocket PC API.
- PPC application refuse to install on my Smartphone, how can I do?
- Some applications detect the device type when installing, it will refuse to install if the device is not Pocket PC. But can't install does not mean can't run on smartphone. You can use some trick to extract the files from the setup package and copy them directly into your smartphone. For more information, I recommend you check out this sample from gpcarreon's weblog: http://www.gpcarreon.com/?p=333
- How can I use PocketRAR with SPHelper?
- PocketRAR has a bug calculating window size, so you can not see the main window of it in smartphone. The solution is, run SPHelper first and hide it, then launch PocketRAR, you will see nothing after the option dialog. Show cursor by pressing 0 key long enough, select "Menu"->"Current Window"->"Auto Ajust", you will see PocketRAR's main window.
- How much does SPHelper costs? What's the benefit of registration?
- SPHelpr costs USD 9.95 to buy a single license. After the registraion, there will be no nag screen, and you can get free support and free upgrade for life.
- Why I can't register with the registration code you gave to me?
- SPHelper is registered base on the owner's email address. Please make sure that the owner email in your phone is exactly the same with the one you register. And the email adderss is case sensitive. You can set the owner's email here: "Start"->"Settings"->"Owner Information".